Thursday 28 May 2015

UP UP and AWAY


So the bags are packed and we did get a bit of sleep last night but the excitement level and anxiousness is building!  After the pack weigh in we have a winner.... Shannon wins with a whopping 31.1 lbs constituting 30% of her body weight.  Jenna and
Alyssa are tied with 24 lbs (21%) and 18.2 lbs (21%) respectively and I think everyone is feeling sorry for me and my back so I ended up with 32.2 lbs giving me a 17% of my body weight.  For some reason I don’t think that trend will continue and I’ll have to step it up and carry my weight!

We managed to say goodbye to most everyone, and those that we didn’t, have a great summer and drop us an email.  Its always good to hear how much fun everyone is having and find out what is going on.  It was tough to say goodbye to friends and family and Ellie but now that we’re out of town, we’re looking forward to our adventure over the summer!

So Shannon thought we should get an early start and get up early but that wasn’t an issue.  5 am and I was running through all the things that we forgot or should pack.  On the road with no issues so we fired right through to Kelowna.  Given the fact I got an emergency call yesterday saying the van was making funny noises.  So off to Grizzly Auto for a quick look and fix.... man we owe you Tom!!!  That and a small bike crash yesterday made it an interesting day but we made it to departure day relatively unscathed.  What a great start to the trip, nice and mellow with no hiccups.... I can already feel myself falling into the mellow, stress free mode of travel.

Right now we are about to head out to Edmonton for our stop over and then Iceland here we come!  And so starts the adventure!!!!

  P.S. Everyone at school or work have a good day (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment