Wednesday 12 August 2015

Trotting, Cantering, and Yay I’m on a Horse Again.

Saddling up my horse.
Well this morning I had a semi early day with heading to the stables at 7:00am. Yesterday, before we went riding the head guy (who was the national polo-cross head coach of Zimbabwe) said if anyone wanted to canter he could probably arrange something. Well he was a bit busy after the ride being that someone got bucked and what not.  Anyways, my mom asked about it and he said to bring me by at 7:00.  He also told Ines and he said she could come so me, Ines, her dad, and my mom showed up at the stables.

When we got there I went and saddled up my horse and went out to the ring. I started doing laps around the ring. I started trotting but my horse wouldn’t keep going, she would always stop after each round.  The guy told me I pulled the reins when I stood up so he put my horse on a rope and made me pretend I was holding a cup of tea and couldn’t spill it. After a little while he told me my knees were bouncing off the saddle. So to my big surprise he put me in trot while still holding my pretend cup of tea and told me to take my feet out of the stirrups. Holy cow my legs are gonna hurt bad.
Cantering with my cup of tea!
After letting me put me feet back in the stirrups he put my horse into canter. Well guess what, I haven’t been on a horse more than walking in, give or take, 5 months. Well you know you’ve got a good teacher when he can re-teach you how to canter in 5min. Well before I knew it bye-bye horses.L We’ll see you again soon cause I shall continuously pester mom for horseback riding lessons. J
Ines and me on our horse ride.


Well we got back just in time for breakfast and yippy were on the road again.  We played cards (mostly UNO of which can get quit intense) and when we finally got there we set up at a nice campaite and had lunch.  We also had an orientation on the campsite. Everyone was overjoyed being that it was only $3 for wifi for the whole time we were there. After lunch we went into town and found a market but the one thing I wanted to buy, mom wouldn’t let me. When we got back to the campsite I went up to wifi which was where everyone was.  I got some new drawings from the internet and headed back down. Dinner was soon served as I was drawing so ate dinner well we got a presentation on walking with the rinos for tomorrow.  Well not long after we were all getting tired as usual at 8 or 9 so bedtime and surprise, surprise no sleep in tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment