Tuesday 21 July 2015

Bye Bye Beach

We had a late start to the day as mom and dad let me sleep until 12.  Since its our last day here, we didn’t have much food in the fridge so I got stuck with a piece of bread while dad made his gross sausage and eggs in a wrap.  Mom and dad kept yelling at me to do this and do that and get ready and on and on and on.  By 2:30 we left the cabin to head to the beach. 
Hanging out together Day 50...

It wasn’t quite as hot today which was nice and we actually got good spots under the umbrellas this time.  Dad has decided that we need to learn how to swim but I keep telling him I can already.  Sis seems to love to swim so she let dad try to teach her.  Me and mom hung out on the beach for a while and tanned while she finished my book.  I told her it was a good book since I got through it in a week and normally I take months to read a book.  So she started reading it and ended up finishing it in a week too.

I’m gonna miss the hot weather and warm water since we’re going to be in Africa soon and its supposed to be a high of 20C there.  The beach was so pretty and with hardly any people and you could float in the water for hours...  I wouldn’t suggest it though since sis burnt her back so bad she had to sleep on her stomach after the first day.  After sis was finally done swimming we packed up and headed to look at Olympus that was a five minute bike ride down the beach.
The entrance into the Theatre.
Olympos used to
Walking the ruins.
be a huge stone city that was built through the first to third century.  Its amazing some of it is still there and was cool to explore around.  The city was on both sides of the river where there were Roman baths and a cool rock amphitheatre that was falling apart.  Even though it was like 7 at night sis still “needed” to go swimming.  By the time we got home, it was just after 8 and we all wanted dinner but dad FaceTimed Ryan instead.  Around 10 we finally got to eat while watching TV.  Everyone slowly went to bed after that, I guess its goodbye Cirali....
Try carving that!
Or that!
One last swim in the Mediterranean.

No comments:

Post a Comment