Sunday 26 July 2015

Disneyland on Water

Cool old heads off statues from Ephesus.
This morning we went to the Ephesus Museum. Well at least me, mom, and dad did (Jenna slept in). It was neat but also quite funny being that the same contents were in the British Museum but these ones actually came from the same area.  We saw statues, really really old coins that were thousands of years old (they’d be perfect for a coin collection), and jewellery that was thousands of years old too.  It was amazing how perfect some of the statues were as they didn’t have half as many tools as we do now. Even some of the statues that we 500 BC were perfect and smooth.  They even had little miniature
Crazy old coins.
toys that you could roll around on the ground.  After seeing the museum we went back to the room to get sleeping beauty and got ready to go to AquaFantasy, a waterpark just out of town.
When we got there, I saw that there was a pool and some little slides.  I was excited.  However, when I saw a picture of it, the park was Ginormouse.  I literally could not smiling, it was pretty much Disneyland on water. If you want a reference the Salmon Arm waterslide isn’t a ¼ of this park. 
We all grabbed tubes (lots of the slides need them and they even have doubles) and headed up one the tower to the slides.  The one I went on was pitch black and had some lights that made you think you were going to turn right and then it went left.  I started screaming and then I shot out of the slide.  Later we went on one slide that you didn’t use tubes.  The slide reminded me of a toilet bowl that flushed you around and around but I didn’t know what happened after that.  I made dad go first and I went next.  At first I got water sprayed in my face but when I saw the exit all it was, was a hole in the bottom.  I screamed at the top of my lungs and was terrified to go out the bottom.  I went head first into a pool and when I surfaced I looked for the exit and swam out.
AquaFantasy aka Disneyland on water.

There were so many slides that we
Toilet bowl.
went on that I can’t even remember them all.  One of my favourites was the biggest one of them all.  It took a while to get on it because it had a pretty big line up but when we got on it, it was well worth it.  It had a toilet bowl, something that shot you down and back up again and then you went into a hamster bowl that had water spraying every which way.   It was well worth the wait.  One of the slides went down then shot you back up and then went back down again then shot you up again and then just went down. I made the mistake of letting my butt touch the ground because there was a vent at the
Alyssa getting flushed.
bottom.  Also when you shot back up you sometimes got a bit of air which wasn’t fun being that water sprayed right in your face when you did. My actual favourite slide for memory was one that went straight down and you just slide on your back. It’s my favourite one for memory because we got mom to go on it and dad ripped his favourite pair of swim shorts! Gosh did it hurt though because it gave you the biggest wedgy of all time.

Well after mom and dad got me to change, we headed back home. When we got there we lounged around but then hunger drove us out of our beds and chairs to a restaurant. Well we ordered our food and ate. I had a delicious chicken schnitzel.  After dinner we headed back to our hostel to get a good night sleep for our big travel day tomorrow!   
The drop of doom!

The statue of Artimenis at the Ephesus Museum.

1 comment: