Monday 29 June 2015

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Well our series of unfortunate events just had to be on a travel day... It started out with the fact our flight to Croatia was cancelled. However they didn’t email us and it got cancelled 3 days before!
Not a very comfy seat!
Well we figured that out after driving to the airport and waiting in the check in line with heavy backpacks (which I was pushing the cart with all of them on it).  We figured it out by dad saying our flight was to Split. This is exactly what the checkin girl said “the flight to split, oh um (says something in Italian to the other people in the both thing) ya that flights been cancelled.  Well we were all confused but me, mom, and Jenna sat down as dad went to figure out what to do.

We sat there for what seemed like forever. As Jenna decided to sleep on the ground I put together a puzzle on my iPod and mom I think read.  Her and dad are reading the same book being that before the book store dad didn’t have a book to read after he finished his old one and mom couldn’t convince him to read a chick flick (P.S. I Love You). So I think mom was enjoying having her book to herself. I got bored and headed to find dad but before I got up we saw him so I sat back down on a really sore butt. The chairs are not comfy at all. We were thinking about how we would have a 10 hour stop-over in the Seattle and hoping that the seats there would be comfier.

When dad came back and sat on  then after that get on a bus than on a ferry than on a taxi and get their at around 9-10. The other option was stay at a totally paid hotel that had a pool and then go on the flight they had tomorrow. Well after a very long conversation that I don’t really know how long it was cause I zoned out or fell asleep (couldn’t tell) we decided that we would go to Croatia today. However Jenna wasn’t very happy for the fact she had to get up at 6 in the morning for a flight that didn’t happen. She decided it should be illegal to get up before 7.
This doesn't look much better.
The gate we needed to go to was in a different terminal than the other one that we had on our previous tickets. When we got there we found a seat (another uncomfy one) then we sat down.    I started to read my book which I’m almost done (thanks Parker, it’s awesome but confusing) and when I stopped I fell asleep for a bit.  When I woke up I was aching all over being I was cramped in a little seat so I got up and moved to the floor.  That time I fell asleep for a couple of hours.

People mover and I had a front row seat.
When I woke up it was time to check into our flight and drop off our bags.  So we gathered up all our stuff and headed to the line hoping that our flight would actually go this time.  It went better this time so we headed to security.  It was confusing though as one security guard told us to go to one entrance and the other told us to go back to where we started.  Well we got through security fine and called a people transporter but all it really was was a small speed train that went on for one minute.  When we finally got there we waited for our flight to be called. 

While we were waiting we met this nice family from Johannesburg who were giving us tips on what to do when we go down there.  That was when we figured out that our new flight was delayed an hour.  So we waited for a bit more and after the hour found out it was delayed again as the ground crew didn’t show up for work.  Well finally we were able to get onto the plane and took off not long after.


Split on our ferry ride.
It didn’t take long to get to Croatia as they did what dad called, “put the hammer down” and knocked 15 minutes off the flight time.  When we got there we took a bus down to the ferry in Split.  When we got there, dad got the tickets for the ferry and just as we were walking towards the ferry we met this taxi driver that said he could give us a ride to Bol.  Dad was really happy as we dumped our bags off and headed onto the ferry, giving everyone high 5’s to all of us for making one of the last ferries and getting the taxi ride.  The ferry ride was beautiful as the city was lit up with lights as we left.  When the ferry landed we headed to the taxi and set off to Bol.
Finally, we made the ferry!
My stomach didn’t like the drive there as the road was twisty and it was dark out.  I didn’t quite throw up but I sure felt like it.  By the time we got there it was about 10:30 and it took another half hour to find the place after the taxi driver talked to a bunch of different locals and just before 11 we found our accommodation.  All of us were really tired after our 18 hour adventure and we all fell asleep just like that!  Hopefully that’s our only Baudelaire family moment (the family from A Series of Unfortunate Events) for this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment