Friday 19 June 2015

Flying Rubber Duckies

7:00-Still sleeping along with 8, 9, and 10, 11 we finally got up. However it’s not a bad thing.  I got up when I wanted to!  However I’m pretty sure Jenna could've slept all day. Well our breakfast (lunch actually being that it was 12:00) was eggs and sausage.
 After a really, really lazy start to the day we headed to the beach.  As we walked, we heard what I thought were squeaking rubber ducks.  I wondered what they were and looked all around.  Turns out they were birds flying around the palm trees so I decided to call them the famous flying rubber duckies.... hence the title.

Once we got to the beach I discovered we should’ve brought surf boards. The waves were quite big. They were not as big as the ones in Mexico but still big. As long as someone was watching our stuff we would come in and out of the water. Once I had to come out of the water because I couldn't see from the salt water got in my eyes and they stung like crazy. So we went out looking for goggles. We found a pair along with a towelish kind of a thing for Jenna because she was complaining about not having a big enough towel. When we got back dad started to bargain on a larger blanket from Africa. We got a pink one with elephants. Well I went into the water and looked down with my new goggles. Jenna joined me later and I saw fish swimming around her feet. When I told her she said “Ah get them off, get them off!” So I scared them away.

After I went back in to the beach mom had to leave for her hair appointment.  Dad wanted a pair of goggles and we also checked out another beach. It was a sandier beach so we moved to that one.
But it’s also about 5:00 by that time. I met two friends the day before and we were going to meet up with them. They couldn't find a parking spot though so we said we would meet at the main square after dinner. After having dinner (pasta of course) we walked down to the square. On the way we went and got gelato. I learned that I am a very messy eater because I spilt chocolate gelato on my white tank top. Well luckily I had a scarf to cover it. We also stopped at a bathing suit store. I got a new bathing suit. Then we finally went to the square to try to find our friends. We saw them and headed over there. We talked for a few minutes then asked to go to the beach. Our parents said yes and we went to the beach. The girls were fun to hang around and it was also nice to talk to some kids again. I hung out with Ali and Jenna walked around with Cailin.  We came up with the idea of having dinner together tomorrow so hopefully it happens.  Anyway we walked on the beach then around the downtown part. It was really fun. Well we headed back home around 11:20 and we all went to bed.     

1 comment:

  1. Those are NOT rubber duckies! Those are the infamous Leftist Ligurian Librarians. A group of elderly women who, when agitated or disturbed, will suddenly become aggressive and quite loud in protest of being disrupted. They sleep around midday and should never be taken lightly when woken prior to dinner. Are you sure you didn't walk by a bench of sleeping women? They blend in with their tan dresses and wide brimmed hats. Sometimes the only way of identifying them is by their snoring, or by the nearly finished, but never done, cup of cappuccino in their hand. Pay attention! Stay safe and always remember, danger even lurks in the strangest places. Hope you are having a ball.

    ReplyDelete